Young teens need training in first aid, indoor and outdoor safety, and how to handle household emergencies before they are adequately prepared to stay home alone or watch younger siblings. In addition, there is no safe amount of time to leave a child with a caregiver of any age who has not been trained in airway rescue and how to handle life threatening emergencies. Safe Sitter® graduates are prepared with the knowledge they need to prevent problems and handle unexpected emergencies.
Have you been asking to stay home alone while your parent runs errands? Are your neighbors asking when you can babysit for them? Do you enjoy being with younger children? Do you want to babysit? Are you at least 11 years old? Then maybe it’s time for Safe Sitter®.
There is no magic number to help your parents determine when is the right time for you to start staying home alone or begin to babysit. But there is a program that will prepare you!
At Safe Sitter® you will learn how to:
- Rescue a choking child or infant plus ways to prevent choking in the first place.
- Perform infant and child CPR.
- Evaluate an injury to determine how to handle it including how to get help.
- Prevent problem behavior plus how to manage problem behavior situations.
- Keep yourself safe in threatening situations from power failures to prowlers.
- Care for a child’s basic needs including feeding, entertaining, and toileting.
- Establish your own babysitting business.
You’ll have fun. You’ll learn a lot in a short period of time. And at the end you can proudly say, “I am a Safe Sitter®!”