The MA-C curriculum consists of 60 hours of didactic training, which will include work in a skills lab and/or simulation facility and online learning, in addition to 40 hours of supervised clinical practicum. The elements of this standardized curriculum include the essential content, practical/actual experience, demonstration of skills and a competency exam.
· Be at least 18 years of age;
· Have a high school diploma or a GED;
· Have a current unencumbered certified nursing assistant certificate;
· Work in an area where opportunities exist to complete the competency skills tests (Long Term Care);
· Have earned the CNA II certification through the Wyoming State Board of Nursing.
The textbook and workbook are not included in the cost of the class and need to be ordered by the student. (Textbook: Mosby’s Textbook for Medication Assistants | Author: Shelia A Sorrentino | ISBN-10: 0323049931 | ISBN-13: 978-0323049931 | Edition: 14)